Having a jammed garage door can be very annoying. It can give you an attack of anxiety. Several homeowners find themselves in this frustrating situation especially during winter season. Instead of getting panic, use your abilities and troubleshooting techniques to fix the problems.
First, spend a few minutes inspecting the garage door and to check the conditions of all safety features. Sometime, these safety features may stop the garage door from being opened and even the garage door won’t close. if your garage door does not perform well, these troubleshooting techniques will help you. The following techniques will help you before calling a professional garage door repair companies.
- Typically, some garage doors have security settings like, automatic lock modes, and so on. If your garage door is automatically transferred to this mode, you will not able to open or even close the garage door with remote. You should unlock it manually to bring it back to the normal position.
- Check the batteries of the remote to evaluate whether it is charged properly or not. If it has rechargeable batteries, then it could be the source of the problem. Replace the batteries to check if the remote is working or not. If you are able to operate the garage door easily, then the remote is to blame.
- Check the power supply and cables of the garage door to confirm their functionality. Sometimes the main power supply to garage door may be switched off or cables could be frayed or broken. In this situation, you will need to hire a professional garage door repair services to deal with the garage door.
- Look at the bottom of the garage door to see if there is something that obstructs the path of the sensor. If you have an Up & Over garage door, any obstruction on the ground could stop the garage door from operating.
- Inspect the garage door sensor to evaluate whether the light is ON. If the light is not blinking, it will need immediate maintenance or replacement. Remember, nothing should be obstructing the path of sensors.
Trust the professional garage door repair services
An automatic garage door works on a simple principle. These garage doors use springs and pulleys to open or close. So it is not difficult to determine what is going wrong with these garage doors. Small problems can easily be fixed with the help of DIY techniques but major should not be attempted on a DIY basis. Since the garage door is very bulky and heavy equipment which can hurt you badly even if you are comfortable with handy tools and mechanical experts, so it is advisable that hire a professional garage door company to handle your malfunctioning garage door.
There are some garage door problems which you can solve by yourself such as, greasing the moving parts and cleaning the tracks. You will occasionally adjust the nuts, hinges, bolts, and screws. Always follow the manufacturer’s manual while conducting a DIY garage door repair. But it is strongly suggested that hire a professional garage door repair company to avoid any unhappy incident.